HR Interview Questions for Frehsers

HR Interview Questions for Freshers



HR interview questions for freshers are always different to that set of questions that have been asked to an experienced candidate. This blog will give a solid idea to the candidates those who are ready to enter in a private or government sector that what could be the questions asked during an HR round.

HR interview questions are always prepared and framed by knowing the fact that candidate is new in the industry and will have different mind set as compared to the experienced one. In order to help the aspiring candidates, this blog will give an insight that what are the common HR interview questions for freshers and what would be the best reply for that, plz read further :

1. Tell me about yourself
2. What about your background?
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
4. Are you a team player? If yes, how?
5. What is your dream company?
6. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
7. How much you will be comfortable to work in night shifts and weekends?
8. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
9. What motivates you?
10. What are your biggest achievement till date?
11. How will work in under pressure? Can you able to able pressure in your job?
12. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
13. What do you know about our organisation?
14. Why should I hire you?
15.  What are your salary expectations?

So above are some of the HR interview question for freshers which might an interviewer ask you in any HR round, so now its important that how you are answering these common questions and how will your answer should be different from others to make you outstanding in a queue of hardworking candidates. Now lets see what could be the best possible way to answer these questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
This is the most frequent and common question that have been asked by an employer or HR in an interview.

# Possible answer 1

Thank you, Sir/Ma’am for this opportunity.
I am from ABC city and belong to a joint family. My father is a Government Employee and my mother is a teacher at a private school. My younger brother will appear her 12th board this year. On an individual front, I perceive myself as a confident and hardworking person. I carry out any task assigned to me with full dedication and I have always been a fast learner, and I love to keep up my process of learning to figure out better ways of resolving problems. I love to compete with my own past performances than competing with my peers, as I believe that improvement is always better than perfection!” 

The above answer doesn't seems to be meaningful as sharing too much personal information is not required so avoid that always.

# Possible answer 2

Well, I am a confident, hardworking and a very professional person. I have always carried out all the tasks assigned to me without hesitation. I have also been a good mentor to my juniors and never hesitate to guide them. On the other hand, I am a creative person and keep pushing myself to think out of the box!”

This answer is much desirable and concise so always give to the point answers to the HR.  

2. What about your background?
HR interview questions for freshers also included an question that is based on the background of a candidate and it not easy as it seems so because it would totally depend on the fact that how nicely you are framing your answer to these quite easy questions, so

# Possible answer 1

“I have scored an A in Professional and Technical Written Communication in English, in my Maters examination. This is my marksheet.”

Here, you choose to answer based on your command over a subject as well as demand of the HR.

# Possible answer 2

“I was a good speaker and always stood first in debate and speech competitions during my college days.”

By using above way to answer, candidate can divert the attention of HR towards his strength.

3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?


HR interview question for freshers about the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate is actually based on the positive and negative side of a candidate and also to know the fact that is really a candidate know about himself so its important which dark side you will tell your HR so that it doesn't reduce your selection chances, have a look:

# Possible answer 1

I have several strengths like – I am patient, committed, honest and hard working. I forgive easily and hate to keep grudges in my heart. My greatest weakness is that I don't like getting interrupted when I am seriously into something. Another one of my weaknesses is that I trust people very easily. 

# Possible answer 2

“I am impatient which is the reason why I am a quick learner. But I believe that being impatient is a real weakness. .I have a tendency to get involved completely into my work and  I am working on this attitude and in my previous organizations, my peers helped me cope up with this. To compensate for my own weakness, I prep my people about my exact expectations. Then I give them a complete scope of the assignment followed by timeline, where they can update me about their progress, with a demo or presentation

Keep in mind always that HR is not interested to know your weaknesses exactly, he is interested to know the fact that if any odd come out how will you tackle that situation with your presence of mind.
So answer this question smartly with a focus on your strengths.

4. Are you a team player? If yes, how?

HR interview questions for freshers - Are you a team player?
In this question, HR is interested to know that the candidate is a individual player or a team player because in an organisation team game is important for the success of the company.

# Possible answer 1

Yes I am a team player. During my summer internship in Honda, me and my friends were working together. Ours was a mixed group with different skills and we produced results which would have been impossible to produce single handedly. I had to keep all my communication channels open at all times to ensure that the project stayed on track. I was responsible for my part of the code and also for the collective delivery of the entire project. I worked closely with senior team members at the the output was best as compared to other team and other previous months.”

# Possible answer 2

“Yes, I am. Though I am currently individual contribution role, I like working with others as personally, I am social and extrovert person. I like to nurture and build team spirit.We help each other focus on what really matters, instead of getting down with irrelevant pressure. My strong communication skills help me to coordinate with different team members and resolve other issues.”

5. What is your dream company?

# Possible answer 1

“My dream company would be fair one that values my contributions even as a fresher and encourages me to speak up and share my ideas whenever i want. It is a place where I can be myself, while working towards a greater goal.”

# Possible answer 2

“My dream company is the one which can bring forth exciting tasks challenges. Such opportunities will bring out the best in me as I can use my interests and experiences to grow in my field in future. I like my present workplace as it offers all this along with a clean and professional work atmosphere, and much more.

6. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?

In an HR interview questions for fresher, this one is too a common but a game point answer for a candidate.

# Possible answer 1

“Hard work is delivering work on time with more effort and smart work is delivering work on time, with lesser effort. I think in the corporate world, I feel a combination of both is needed to attain excellence.”

# Possible answer 2

“Hard work is what every breadwinner does today, including a rickshaw puller or a daily wager. Smart work is what the educated people do with some less effort as compared to hard work where more efforts are needed. A well-balanced combination of both hard work and smart work is the secret formula to success.

7. How much you will be comfortable to work in night shifts and weekends?

HR interview questions for fresher is generally a way to access the candidate and his preferences.

# Possible answer 1

“I don't have any issue regarding night shifts and weekends because I am a fresher and I hardly have any exposure of the corporate world. In college days, weekends were no different from weekdays for us as it was full of assignments, tasks and projects that had to be submitted within timelines. As far as night shifts are concerned, I would like to say that I am a nocturnal person and I like to do my studies at night.

# Possible answer 2

If the company needs my presence at night or during the weekend for continued growth and success, I will definitely work for it.”

8. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?

# Possible answer 1

“My current goal is to find a career that ensures continued growth alongside new challenges and exposure. 5 years from now, I assume that I will be ready to take up managerial responsibilities in an organisation."

# Possible answer 2

“I see myself working for a well-reputed organization, at a managerial position with good remuneration and best learning.”


9.  What motivates you?

# Possible answer 1

"Little appreciation on my hard work always motivates me to do something better in every next turn"

# Possible answer 2

"Stories of some great personalities of India motivates me to give my best shot in limited time with limited resources".

10. What are your biggest achievement till date?

In an HR interview question round for freshers, such questions can be easily answered with listing out some good achievements by the candidate either in school or college days to win the attention of the recruiter.

11. How will work in under pressure? Can you able to able pressure in your job?

# Possible answer 1

“Working under pressure is what I have done a lot during my college days and from there I got to know that I can actually work well under pressure. Sometime the pressure factor can brings out maximum efficiency in an individual.”

# Possible answer 2

“I like to work under pressure. It brings out the best in me as well as helps me grow. I learn faster and perform well when I have a strict deadline, because I plan accordingly, work in a more organized manner".

12. Are you willing to relocate or travel?

In an HR interview round for freshers, HR would like to know about your comfort zone and your focus on work. This answer should always be answered in positive way.


13. What do you know about our organisation?

Candidate need to know important know-facts about the organisation in which he is appearing for he the interview. It is advisable to go through the website of the company and collect the important info from it.

14. Why should I hire you?

# Possible answer 

“I have all the required qualifications and skills that is needed for this job role. I can do the work that the profile requires me to do. Besides, I have also the capacity to deliver good results. I can blend into mixed cultures and will fit in your environment, which will make me a great addition to the team".


15.  What are your salary expectations?

In an HR interview round for freshers, salary expectation could be the last question of the interview.

# Possible answer 1

My salary expectations are in line with the current industry standards and accordance to my experience and qualifications.”

# Possible answer 2

I am sure your company is already paying a specific package to other employees in a similar position. Hence, I would like to know your budget, if you do not mind. and accordingly, I can put my expectations.”

Hope above HR interview questions for freshers and its supporting answers will help out the candidates to give their interview's with great confidence and energy. 

Plz write us back your any query and interview experiences.

Wish you lots of luck !!!!!







Comments

  1. Very nice & helping tips covering wide spectrum on cracking Interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear blogger
    U have amazing knowledge and writing skills......Keep posting more blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also plz post this kind of blog for experienced candidates also..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice information .aap aise hi candidates ka knowledge n moral badati rehan .Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work man you have post a great post it will help people very much keep it do more for people like that translation agency London.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Interview

How to present yourself during HR Round